Friday, January 27, 2012

Bangkok

I have arrived! After over 24 hours of travel I made it to Bangkok. It's been quite an adventure so far. I wasn't able to sleep on the plane so I'm feeling a little delirious but too excited to sleep! I always heard the people are friendly here but they really are the nicest people I've ever encountered. As soon as we got off the train to head into town we met a man from Chiang Mai who give us all the information we needed for the rest of our time in Thailand and a map to our guesthouse for nothing in return. He did it simply out of the goodness of his heart. We ended up booking the rest of our overnight travel for the month after we found out it's the holiday month here for college students. The overnight train to Chiang Mai was sold out so tomorrow night we're taking an overnight double decker bus up there...not too excited about that one. But I have to remember everything is an adventure over here! Here's a little something to leave you with...staying protected in our mosquito nets!

 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys are already having fun! I'd love to see pictures of you guys on elephants!!! Love you guys <3

    -Corrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Can't wait to read more! We miss you at the office :)

    ReplyDelete